Saturday, September 15, 2012

Luca Turilli - The Infinite Wonders Of Creation

Symphonic Power
Magic Circle
2006





1. Secrets of Forgotten Ages
2. Mother Nature
3. Angels of the Winter Dawn
4. Altitudes
5. The Miracle of Life
6. Silver Moon
7. Cosmic Revelation
8. Pyramids and Stargates
9. Mystic and Divine
10. The Infinite Wonders of Creation

After 4 years Luca returns with another solo offering and considering the fact I've liked every Luca & Rhapsody release to some extent I expected nothing else of this one. Well... perhaps there's a first time for everything.

This album does everything it can to fuck up what Luca's done right with his other albums. First off... Olaf's singing is buried in favor of Luca and some new female singer? What the hell is that? Secondly, the new female singer isn't even that good. I can appreciate a little variety and that maybe with a conceptual story of mother earth he wanted to use a female singer but she's amateur at best. Another problem with these songs is they're mostly slow to mid-tempo and lack any sort of energy. I can still hear the symphonic touch of Luca but it sounds lifeless. I find Luca Turilli to be at his best when he's blazing away and this album really doesn't touch that for a second. This album just meanders on and on with few memorable moments and unimpressive female singing. I really can't find much good to say about it. It's not terrible, but it's under the standard I've come to expect out of the man. I just can't get into this album.

Highlights: The Miracle Of Life

Rating - 2.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment