Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crystal Eyes - Confessions Of The Maker

Power Metal
Heavy Fidelity Records
2005






1. The Charioteer
2. Confessions Of The Maker
3. Northern Rage
4. The Fools' Ballet
5. The Terror
6. Panic
7. White Wolves
8. The Burning Vision
9. Revolution In The Shadowland
10. Terminal Voyage
11. Silent Angel

With Daniel Heiman stepping up to take on lead vocals on this new Crystal Eyes album, I must say I've been interested to hear how it would come out. I've always liked Heiman's voice, but Lost Horizon has never done a lot for me. A lot of people have made a big deal over that band, but I must say I think they are incredibly overrated.

All that said, I was looking forward to seeing if Daniel Heiman could find a band better suited to his vocal talents. Well he's not intending to be a full member here, but I am pleased with the results here none the less. This album showcases Heiman's skill far better and allows his voice much more room to breathe. The music here is more paced and focused on memorable melodies than speed and intensity. In a way it kinda reminds me of Iron Maiden's Brave New World as the sound is very crystal clear and melodic with great songwriting. There's also a touch of Edguy in the more epic moments. A very enjoyable listen as the understated guitar has a great sound and loads of hooks. If you're a fan of the album and band I mentioned than this will probably appeal to you. I'm going to have to check out more of this band's catalogue... though it's probably not AS good without Heiman.

Highlights: The Charioteer, Confessions Of The Maker, The Burning Vision

Rating - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment