Friday, October 5, 2012

ReVamp - ReVamp

Symphonic Gothic Metal
Nuclear Blast

2010






1. Here's My Hell
2. Head Up High
3. Sweet Curse
4. Million
5. In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us - All Goodbyes Are Said
6. Break 04:06
7. In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us, Pt. 2 - Disdain
8. In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us, Pt. 3 - Disgraced
9. Kill Me With Silence
10. Fast Forward
11. The Trial Of Monsters
12. Under My Skin
13. I Lost Myself

Here we have the new project from Floor Jansen after the break up of After Forever. Personally, I have always enjoyed Floor's voice, but the music of After Forever itself has never quite done it for me. That being said a New project from Floor Jansen has my interest.

After listening to this I have decided After Forever's split up is just a great thing for my musical listening. This is just so much better to my ears. Revamp puts together a great sound with a fair amount of crunch while sounding somewhat dark. The use of orchestration is also solid and Floor herself is, of course, the true highlight. The music on this release really allows her room to breathe and she comes across both heavy at times and beautifully operatic at others. Revamp just captures the strengths of Floor and wraps it up in a great atmosphere. At a basic level this isn't so different from your basic female fronted gothic metal act, but the nuances make it. Floor can really deliver an aggressive voice and then just blow you away with her operatics. The hooks in the music are also there and make for a catchy overall ride.

If you like Floor Jansen or gothic/symphonic metal than you should certainly check this out. Very solid debut release from an act I'm looking forward to seeing develop. I can't imagine this one not doing well with the name recognition and the way they deliver this style.

Highlights: Here's My Hell, Head Up High, Sweet Curse, Break

Rating - 4.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment