Saturday, October 13, 2012

Queensryche - Dedicated To Chaos

Progressive/Alt Rock
Roadrunner
2011






1. Get Started
2. Hot Spot Junkie
3. Got It Bad
4. Around The World
5. Higher
6. Retail Therapy
7. At The Edge
8. Broken
9. Hard Times
10. Drive
11. I Believe
12. Luvnu
13. Wot We Do
14. I Take You
15. The Lie
16. Big Noize

Queensryche... what can I say? They've had their moments in the past, but I've never been as big on them as some. I mean this band is basically fronted by a douchebag who constantly drones on about how he never liked metal and that's just what the rest of the band wanted to play. It's kind of like the rest of the band are hipster wranglers trying to keep Geoff Tate in check.

Well, on this one Geoff Tate seems to have escaped and now his flag is flying high over the remnants of a metal band. Forget Operation Mindcrime II. If you expect something like that you're going to be more disappointed than someone like me with extremely low expectations is.

To put it simply this is alt rock garbage. I can't even hear anything that reminds me of metal here and it is fucking painful. From Geoff Tate's mewling to the jazzy/funk bass and overtones, this is pure garbage and not even in the tiniest way heavy, interesting, or powerful. To even compare it to such is nonsense. Dedicated To Chaos is Amazing in that "I want to reenact a scene from the movie Event Horizon" kind of way. By the time I was though track 2 I just wanted to stab out my ear drums and forget I'd ever heard of music. The lyrics, the singing, the alt rock... no... I'm fucking out.

This is not metal. This is not good. This is not even tolerable. I can't write anymore and you can't fucking make me. I'm wrapping this with a rant. Forget you ever heard of Queensryche and send this demon spawn into the Phantom Zone or somewhere equally inaccessible. Humanity may have done some screwed up stuff in it's day, but even we don't deserve this. If ever an album deserved a big fat ZERO it is this one. Completely intolerable in every way conceivable. This makes Ozzy's recent works seem like a Mona Lisa quality masterpiece. I considered pulling out a negative number. Thinking of an early heavy metal screamer Queen of the Reich makes me want to weep. Listening to this album was like running a gauntlet. The song titles do NOT lie.

Highlights: Are ya fucking kidding?

Rating - 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment