Friday, October 5, 2012

Helstar - Glory Of Chaos

Speed Metal
AFM
2010






1. Angels Fall To Hell
2. Pandemonium
3. Monarch Of Bloodshed
4. Bone Crusher
5. Summer Of Hate
6. Dethtrap
7. Anger
8. Trinity Of Heresy
9. Alma Negra
10. Zero One

On the last album, King Of Hell, I think Helstar pretty much came back and gave every fan of Helstar what they wanted from the band... speed metal madness. Just a very good comeback and now it's time to see if it'll stick.

The answer is 'holy shit yes' apparently. From the opening riff of Angels Fall To Hell I knew I was in for a metal beast and this is exactly the aggressive, screaming riff fest I wanted when I thought of new Helstar. Simply put this album is Helstar at the top of their game and ready to rip your face off with a riff attack of epic proportions. The energy and aggression of this album is absolutely unreal and beyond my expectations in fact. When I heard Angels Fall To Hell I was instantly satisfied... then I heard Pandemonium and thought it was better... then Monarch Of Bloodshed kicked in and dropped my jaw to the damn floor. Whatever PCP this band took before recording this album or whatever pissed them off before writing it should continue to happen. Please?

Every one of these tracks resonates with me and makes me want to break shit. James Rivera sounds great snarling and screaming and the riffs and energy batter you with unrelenting ferocity. Seriously, Glory Of Chaos never seems to let up and it is indeed glorious. I think in total this album takes two melodic passage as a breather. Trinity Of Heresy has one slower moment and the outro is a slow 56 seconds. That's about it.

This album takes one on some sort of journey back to the glory of speed/thrash metal. By the end of the album on Alma Negra you almost get an extreme metal vibe for a moment as James Rivera's snarls become practically black metal, but it totally works. I cannot get enough of listening to this. I don't know what to say but for fuck's sake get this album if you want to headbang. Apparently they were just warming up with King Of Hell. I honestly think this could be their best album. This is not a horribly long album, but I'll take short and sweet. In a way that only makes me recall the best days of speed metal more. No fluff here... Just 10 songs that charge straight to the point and really make one. I think if this album had just a little more material of this caliber I would give it a perfect 5, but I can't fault it too horribly much obviously. I feel like I just had a metal orgasm.

Highlights: Monarch Of Bloodshed, Pandemonium, Angels Fall To Hell, Dethtrap, Anger

Rating - 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment