Saturday, September 15, 2012

Seven Witches - Amped

Power Metal
Regain Records
2005






1. West Nile
2. Sunnydale High
3. Dishonor Killings
4. GP Fix
5. BE
6. Fame Gets You Off
7. Flesh For Fantasy
8. Red
9. Widows And Orphans

And another vocalist bites the dust. Exit Rivera from his 3,403 band and enter Alan Tecchio Hades and Watchtower (among others). This choice was immediately questionable to me since he's more of a shouter and less of a Judas Priest screamer like they've utilized in the past. That, hearing the samples, and the horrible songtitles kinda clued me into what I was in for, but I don't think I could've been fully prepared for the dogshit within.

This is without a doubt one of the least inspired efforts I've ever heard from any band ever. I don't even know where to start. I guess we'll focus on the vocals first. Bottom line... they suck. They're completely dull and don't have near the screaming power of Black, Rivera, or even Lucas. Now let's talk about the riffs. Holy fucking boring. They just chug chug and chug along in the most generic fashion. How about the lyrics you ask? Well they're singing about the West fucking Nile Virus and Buffy the god damn Vampire Slayer. How do YOU think they are? Fucking poetry I tell you. Some of this shit makes James Hetfield look like Shakespeare. The worst moment on this album though probably comes in the form of the song BE. As soon as I heard the piano intro I knew I was in for it... I could smell the reek of feces eminating from this song immediately. The vocals here are horribly painful and the song is so fucking cheesy I just wanted to gouge my eardrums out with a rusty, dull nail. Just to stress how terrible this is to those who know me and my reviews... I'd take Iced Earth - Hollow Man before this. Please don't make me listen to this audio torture anymore. I feel like I've been musically raped. This album is like combining the worst parts of a later Flotsam & Jetsam album with the boring modern groove riffs and retarded lyrics of Judas Priest - Demolition. Not only that but it's only 40 mins in length (though maybe that's a blessing here). This is just so half hearted, generic, and lyrically retarded that it's amazing.

Highlights: When it ended

Rating - 1.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment