Saturday, September 22, 2012

Motorhead - Motorizer

Heavy Metal
SPV

2008





1. Runaround Man
2. Teach You How To Sing The Blues
3. When The Eagle Screams
4. Rock Out
5. One Short Life
6. Buried Alive
7. English Rose
8. Back On The Chain
9. Heroes
10. Time Is Right
11. The Thousand Names Of God

Motorhead is a band who needs no real introduction as they are certainly one of the big names of metal and one of the originals. At times I've thought this band to be consistent to a fault with their sound being fairly predictable, but they have also made some material that I've really enjoyed over the years. Their last album did little for me and brought out some of my criticisms of the band, but I come into this one hoping for more.

I am happy to say that more is exactly what I get out of this one. More fire, more balls, and more speed. Really this album rips out of the gate in a way I don't remember hearing since 93's Bastards album and that is high praise for me as it is my favorite thing Motorhead has ever released. Runaround Man is pure intensity and many tracks like Teach You How To Sing The Blues, Rock Out, Time Is Right, and Buried Alive follow suit and keep the head banging. When The Eagle Screams is not quite as fast, but is also worthy of mention as a nice heavy tune. Now not all the album is this fast and heavy, but it makes room for other Motorhead signatures like the catchy blues roll of Back On The Chain which is pure catchy fun and Heroes which is a nice slow burn track that builds to an epic sounding, anthemic chorus.

Basically, Motorizer gets that motor running fast again and is top form signature Motorhead with enough energy and force to make it seem fresh. Really this album makes me want to take back anything I've ever said about this band getting a bit tired. Times like this are when I like being proven wrong and I guess Motorhead don't have to fix it if it isn't broken. The only problem I had reviewing this one was narrowing down the list of highlights. All I can hope for out of this band is that they keep doing their patented style so right. This is a pretty short album clocking in under 40 minutes, but I'll call it quality over quantity.

Highlights: Runaround Man, Teach You How To Sing The Blues, Buried Alive, Back On The Chain, Heroes

Rating - 4.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment