Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Morgana Lefay - Grand Materia

Power Metal
Black Mark

2005





1. Grand Materia
2. My Funeral Is Calling
3. Only Endless Time Remains
4. Hollow
5. Edge of Mind
6. On the Other Side
7. I Roam
8. Emotional Sanctuary
9. Angels Deceit
10. The Operation of the Sun
11. Blind
12. My Task Is Done

Well it's been a good 5 years since Lefay released an album and now the old name of Morgana Lefay has returned. Apparently the legal issues between band members and the name has been resolved and what do you know? With the return of the old name... the old sound seems to have returned. When the band shifted to the Lefay name things got a bit more up tempo and slightly altered.

This album however is pure MORGANA Lefay. Slow and ultra heavy crunch dominates here with a touch of that moody/dark atmosphere in the mix. I have to say I think this album is one bound to make fans, very very happy. Listening to it I get kind of an impression of Maleficium with the ultra-evil feel to the music. This is just classic, patented Morgana Lefay 100% as the hooks are great, the music is bottom heavy destruction, and the vocals are screaming Oliva in his prime. Really I've always thought of Morgana Lefay as a sort of replacement for Savatage ever since they pussed out. For fans of Morgana Lefay, early Savatage, and HEAVY power/traditional metal this is a must buy.

Highlights: Everything stands out in one way or another, but here are my favorites. Hollow, Edge Of Mind, Angel's Deceit, I Roam

Rating - 4.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment