Saturday, September 22, 2012

Laaz Rockit - Left For Dead

Thrash Metal
Massacre
2008






1. Brain Wash
2. Delirium Void
3. Erased
4. My Euphoria
5. Ghost In The Mirror
6. Turmoil
7. Liar
8. Desolate Oasis
9. No Man
10. Outro

Laaz Rockit are one of those thrash bands outside the big names that I think never really got enough notice. It may be the fact that Laaz Rockit didn't start off as a thrash metal band but more power/traditional sounding and crossed over. At any rate this band put out some great thrash at the tail of their original run and now they're back for more.

After listening to this album it's actually surprising to me I like it as much as I do because this album isn't without it's problems. For one thing there is a whole lot of groove and actually not a lot of fast thrash here. Usually I'm not a fan of this much chug in thrash, but it seems to work here and even though some of the songs actually get a bit slow they just sound good to my ears. Definitely not the most balls out thing they've ever done and maybe not their most interesting lead work on an album, but through it the Laaz Rockit sound remains pretty well intact. Really, I just can't really fault catchy as hell and heavy groove injected tracks like Erased. There are some rippers as well... just maybe not as much as I expected. Certainly Brainwashed, Delirium Void, and My Euphoria have some fire under their asses. One other small nitpick I have with this album would be that the Outro is on the fillerish side in that it's about 8 1/2 minutes of instrumental. While not bad, it seems to me like a song they just couldn't find the lyrics for and threw on as is or a way to pad the length of the album.

In the end this album isn't without fault, but I still enjoyed it. Good to hear Laaz Rockit back together again and I hope they keep releasing more. I think most Laaz Rockit fans should find something to enjoy here as long as it can be accepted that not all the tracks are really thrashy. There's always been some heavy chug elements in Laaz Rockit... I just find this one to be a bit more focused on that.

Highlights: Delirium Void, Erased, My Euphoria

Rating - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment