Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Freedom Call - The Circle Of Life

Power Metal
Steamhammer
2005






1. Mother Earth
2. Carry On
3. The Rhythm of Life
4. Hunting High and Low
5. Starlight
6. The Gathering
7. Kings & Queen
8. Hero Nation
9. High Enough
10. Starchild
11. The Eternal Flame
12. The Circle of Life

Well let's just start by saying I've never liked this band. Over the top cheese overdose. These guys just try way too hard. From the opening riffs of the song Mother Earth I thought maybe this album would be different. There was actual heaviness, but around 33 seconds in when it turned to piano and utter gayness that hope was thrown right out the window. The heaviness is underlying in that track, but all the fruitiness of old is strongly intact with vocals that make me want to put my head through the nearest window. From there on it's huge Helloween choruses and lots of by the numbers euro-power lameness. It's bands like Freedom Call that give power metal a bad name. This band is about as original as the song titles of the album. If you're a huge fan of euro-happiness than this Might be passable, but I wouldn't bother. I figured I'd give this album a chance and give it the fair review but nope... band still sucks.

Highlights: None

Rating - 1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment