Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bronx Casket Co. - Hellectric

Gothic Metal
Massacre Records
2005





1. Little Dead Girl
2. Everything I Got
3. Dream Of Angels
4. Sherimoon
5. Bleed With Me
6. Motorcrypt
7. Let My People Go
8. Free Bird
9. In My Skin
10. Can't Stop The Rain
11. Mortician's Lullaby
12. Live For Death

Bronx Casket Co have gotten suprisingly little press despite the allstar sort of lineup the band posesses. This is their third release but I wouldn't be shocked to know this is the first time some people reading are hearing of em. Well unless they know me because I rave about the band. I suppose some of the lack of exposure comes out of it being more of an occasional side project for DD Verni than anything else.

At any rate, after a few years here we are again and I was very much looking forward to hearing more. After listening to this one it's pretty much all I'd hoped for. While I don't think this one will top Sweet Home Transylvania for me, it is in no way a letdown. Bronx Casket Co continues to be one of the stronger goth acts out there even if they aren't a full time band. BCC's music ranges from slow, almost doomy mood music to upbeat grooves which are catchy as all fuck. The vocals have a vibrato heavy Misfits sound to them and that's no real shocker since the vocalist, Myke Hideous, has toured with that band in the past. It just all comes together for a fairly varied songwriting approach in tempo and feel with all the songs standing well on their own. Honestly I'd say the songwriting here is far superior to the new albums by DD Verni and Jack Frost's respective bands. But I'm getting ahead of myself... the Seven Witches review is yet to come. If you like Type O, Overkill's groove riffs, and The Misfits this will certainly appeal to you. Really I think any fan of gothic vibes & groove guitar should dig this.

Highlights: Sherimoon, Dream Of Angels, Let My People Go, Little Dead Girl

Rating - 4.0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment