Sunday, July 21, 2013

Phillip H. Anselmo & The Illegals - Walk Through Exit Only

Housecore Records
2013









1. Music Media Is My Whore
2. Battalion Of Zero
3. Betrayed
4. Usurper Bastard's Rant
5. Walk Through Exits Only
6. Bedroom Destroyer
7. Bedridden
8. Irrelevant Walls And Computer Screens

I'm never really sure what to make of Phil Anselmo. I mean sure, Pantera was classic and Down is a cool band, but his output since Pantera has been spotty and at times he seems mildly insane. I was curious enough to give this a listen, but I really had no idea what to expect of it going in. To this point I haven't really ever thought of Anselmo as an excellent songwriter. More of a pretty decent vocalist who sometimes attaches himself to good projects and then to some pretty bad ones at others. This one could go either way as far as I was concerned.

Well, we start off with some sort of rambling rant about the current state of music loosely set to what amounts to noise. Kind of a pointless intro and nothing that sounds good so there is a strike one. It is just a 1:54 intro I'd barely call a song though so if the rest of the album kicked ass I could easily forgive this. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

This album was pretty much a waste of 41ish minutes of my life. It basically sounds like muddy hardcore noise. There is nothing good about this. Not a thing. It's simply not musical. All it is is a piss poor attempt at being aggressive that sounds like utter garbage. Phil yelling and growling to what appears to be a bunch of "musicians" playing at random. I'm sure you've heard better garage bands and have booed shitty opening bands that still had better song structure than this. I dub this album neanderthal rock. I don't even want to call this metal as I feel it insults the entire genre.

Phil... you have no grasp of music if you think this is music. This is random noise. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't listen to this unless you want to seem really hardcore by punishing your ears with discordant bullshit.

Highlights: There's not even really songs

Rating - 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment