Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rob Rock - Holy Hell

Power/Traditional Metal
AFM

2005





1. Slayer Of Souls
2. First Winds of the End of Time
3. Calling Angels
4. Holy Hell
5. Lion of Judah
6. I’m a Warrior
7. I’ll Be Waiting for You
8. When Darkness Reigns
9. The Revelation
10. Move On

Rob Rock has always been a sort of sure bet for me I must say. Everything this man has ever been attached to from Impellitteri to Warrior, I've liked. So with that said I always look forward to anything I know he's going to be involved with.

On this release, Rob Rock's third solo, it seems everything has been stepped up. The guitar sound is thick and heavy, the choruses are huge, and the production job courtesy of Roy Z is just incredible. In many ways this release reminds me of Bruce's solo material as the guitar has a bit of a bottom heavy sound and the vocals have a certain similarity to Chemical Wedding. Holy Hell just has a very powerful sound and all the songs are memorable. This is just something that any fan of classic metal should eat up.

Highlights: Calling Angels, I'm A Warrior, Lion Of Judah

Rating - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment